The Second Grade Music Curriculum introduces instrumental families and continues to develop music reading and performance skills. Rhythm, melody and note reading is emphasized.
- Compare, connect and integrate art forms
- Identify and use appropriate vocabulary in fine arts areas
- Create and perform age-appropriate material in fine arts areas
- Recognize, create and demonstrate pattern, repetition and sequence
- Recognize how the fine arts relate to careers and life-long learning
- Describe how ideas, moods and celebrations are communicated through the fine arts