Crown Point Christian School Covid-19 Student Quarantine Guidelines
Effective July of 2021, any newly quarantined students will follow the guidelines below:
If a student tests POSITIVE for Covid-19 they must follow the standard guidelines and remain quarantined until the following criteria are met:
- At least 10 days have passed since the onset of symptoms (or from the date a Covid test was taken if asymptomatic), AND
- The student has remained fever free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications, AND
- The student’s symptoms have improved
If a student is identified as a CLOSE CONTACT, CPCS will use the following quarantine guidelines:
- Close Contact- Negative PCR Test after Day 5- May return on Day 8
- Close Contact- Does Not Seek Testing- May return on Day 11
- Students who have received the vaccination will not be placed in close contact quarantine.
- A student who is in close contact with a symptomatic individual who tested positive for COVID-19 and is not vaccinated for greater than fifteen minutes will follow the above quarantine guidelines.
- If the student develops symptoms during the quarantine period and/or tests positive, please notify the School Nurse for further guidance.