The basis of the Crown Point Christian School Association is the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, the infallible Word of God. The Apostle’s Creed and the Nicene Creed summarize the teachings of the Scriptures.
The purpose of this Association is to instruct children, in cooperation with the home and the church, from a distinctively Christian perspective so that each child will think and act in accordance with God’s will as revealed in the Bible. The particular Christian perspective from which the school educates is that of the Reformed tradition. (This tradition dates back in history to the Reformation and is expressed in such documents as The Heidelberg Catechism, The Belgic Confession, The Canons of Dordt, The Westminster Catechism, and the Westminster Confession)
Affirmations of Belief
The Association affirms the following:
- The triune God created the world good and created human beings in His image. His intention was that they would worship and enjoy Him forever.
- Sin entered the world through the disobedience of Adam. Since the time of Adam’s disobedience the entire creation is distorted and stands under the judgment of God.
- God sent his only-begotten son Jesus Christ to redeem the world.
- Jesus Christ by His obedience, death, and resurrection has paid the penalty for sin and secured the redemption of those who believe in Him.
- The Holy Spirit indwells, instructs, empowers for service, and seals for redemption followers of Jesus Christ.
- The Church is the body of Jesus Christ. All those who believe in Jesus Christ are united by the Holy Spirit into one united spiritual body of which Christ is the head.
- The Lord Jesus will return again to gather all believers to Himself. Until that day comes, we recognize that all our human efforts will be tainted with sin and we work under the sustaining grace of God.
The Association affirms the following basic educational values:
- All reality is the result of the creative action of the triune God. The creation reveals the Creator.
- The creation hangs together in Jesus Christ. Only under the sovereign and gracious authority of Jesus Christ will education, business, science, art, music, and all human activity find expression of their true purpose
- Realizing the difficult nature of life and learning in a world broken and corrupted by sin, Christians as moral and social beings are to transform the world by calling it to submit to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Students will be taught to engage the world without accommodating themselves to the world’s practices, principles, or philosophy.
- Students are a gift from God. They are to be challenged to think clearly, listen carefully with discernment and understanding, reason persuasively, and articulate precisely recognizing that their role is to serve God joyfully and give Him glory.
- The faculty, staff, and administration will daily model excellence in their area of responsibility, godliness in relationships, and a love for students.
Non-Discriminatory Policy as to Students
The Crown Point Christian School system admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions polices, scholarships or loan programs, and athletic or other school-administered programs.