Purpose Statement regarding Facility Use
The facilities at Crown Point Christian School were provided through God’s benevolence and made possible by His working through the sacrificial generosity of its Association members, friends, family and the Evangelical Christian community which it desires to serve. The Association, its governing Board and the school Administration desire that the facilities be used for the fellowship of the Body of Christ and to bring glory to God. Although the facilities are not generally open to the public, we make our facilities available for use by Association members, friends and family as a witness to our faith, in a spirit of Christian community and as a means of demonstrating the Gospel of Jesus Christ in practice. However, facility use will not be permitted to persons or groups holding, advancing or advocating beliefs or practices that conflict with the school’s Statement of Faith. Nor will the school’s facilities be used for activities that contradict, or are deemed inconsistent with, the school’s faith or moral teachings. Allowing the school’s facilities to be used by groups who express beliefs or engage in practices contrary to the school’s faith would have a negative impact on the message that the school strives to promote, and it would cause confusion and scandal to the community because they may reasonably perceive that the school agrees with the beliefs or practices of the person or groups using its facilities. (2 Cor 6:14, 1 Thess 5:22) The President of the Board of Trustees, or his/her designee will be the final decision-maker concerning use of the school facilities.
- Upon acceptance of my facility rental request, my rental will be confirmed upon receipt of security deposit. All rentals must be paid at the school office prior to use.
- No alcoholic beverages, no smoking, no drugs, no abusive language, no violent behavior and no activities that are contrary to good Christian moral conduct will be allowed on the school premises.
- No smoke machines or any other device or equipment which is capable of activating the municipal fire alarm system are to be used on the premises.
- At least one adult is to be held responsible for the care of the CPCS property. All youth groups must have adult supervision.
- The area used is to be kept as clean as possible. The area rented must be cleaned up after use.
- The organization or individual using the school property is responsible for any damages incurred during the time the facilities were in use.
- Anyone using the CPCS property will be confined to only the areas for which the request has been approved.
- Any fire department or police department fees incurred during the rental hours or use of the facility will be paid by lessee.
- Check out time is to be 10:00 pm unless other arrangements have been made. Check out time on Saturday evening is 9:00 pm.
- Lights should be turned off upon departure.
- CPCS will not provide any security during your use of the facilities.
- This facility rental agreement may be terminated by mutual consent of both parties up to 48 hours prior to the event without further obligation by either party.
- In the case of conflicting requests, school related events will have priority. The scheduling priority of all events will be determined at the sole discretion of the school administration.
Indemnification and Release
In consideration of the use of the Crown Point Christian School facilities and in addition to the payment of any fee or charge, I do hereby waive, release and forever discharge Crown Point Christian School, its School Board Directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns from any and all responsibilities or liabilities from injuries or damages arising out of or connected with my use or the use of my guests of the Crown Point Christian School facilities or any act or omission, including negligence by Crown Point Christian Schools, its agents or employees. I and my guests hereby agree to expressly assume and accept any and all risks of use of the Crown Point Christian School facilities. By completing the application below, I acknowledge that my acceptance of these conditions has been made willingly.
- I agree to abide by the above listed rules & regulations contained in the Facility Use Policy and acknowledge the indemnification provision above.
- I acknowledge that I have received a copy of the CPCS Statement of Faith, and as the responsible party, I commit that my group will exercise good judgment and do our best to ensure that our activities are God honoring. Further, I am not aware of any beliefs that are professed by me or the group that I represent that contradict the beliefs of the school. I agree to promptly disclose any potential conflicts in belief to the school’s administration.
- I acknowledge that Crown Point Christian School will not be providing security for my use of the facilities and that the provision of security for my guests is my responsibility. This includes maintaining a safe environment for my guests in the gym, kitchen or classrooms, as well as the bathrooms and locker room facilities.
- I understand that upon approval of my facility rental request, I will need to provide a security deposit at the school office. In addition, full payment of my facility rental must be made prior the date of my group’s use of the school’s facilities.